Thursday, December 6, 2007

Snowboarders in Tochal


This morning we went to Tochal again...but this time all the way to the peak. OK, we didn't walk the whole way, that's pretty serious...but I'd like to do it sometime.

So I was 4,000 meters up high this afternoon, still feeling soggy and nice from the blood rush...and the view was amazing--although as soon as we made it to the top, clouds swept in along with a cold, biting wind.

Back down from the peak, we enjoyed the sports/fashion social event taking place on the piste. I discovered a sort of playful rivalry going on between the classic hikers and the trendy snowboarders. The young skiers and snowboarders were dressed in top gear, and fully accessorized. Several of them wore helmets, though I'm pretty sure this was for aesthetics purpose because it looks like quite an easy ride.

I thought to myself, it's good my husband didn't come here before he met me. Or he would have fallen for one of these Iranian snowboard chicks for sure. Luckily, I won't allow him to take a second wife :)

So for some reason, the scene reminded of that old computer game-SkiFree. Anyone remember that one? I don't know why, but especially from up high, it really looked like it...maybe because everything just looked so silly...or maybe I was all funny from the air. I used to love that game!

Tomorrow I'm going to Shiraz for a week... So I won't be posting for a week or so. Now is your chance to read everything and ask me loads of questions ;)

More Photos from the day in Tochal
*click on the photo below

Tochal

4 comments:

nabz-iran said...

Tochal looks rich with baby slopes :-) Anything more serious for Kopaonik crew?

neenee said...

this was just some after-school fun. the real slopes are yet to come, in Dizin and Shemshak.

you can judge for yourself, and inform Kop crew :)

Anonymous said...

yeah tochal is for kiddies.Prepare to be blown away by some real adult good stuff, which will no doubt put your precious kop slopes to shame hehehe :P

Anonymous said...

Sarvi, since you move to Amsterdam you always talk about "some real adult good stuff"... Does that "adult stuff" includes Goran or you need (again) to find outsourcing happiness?;)